Monday, March 16, 2009

Is this quality content? I'm curious to know...

Below is some of my students' first try at podcasting. Now, mind you, we have had long conversations about quality content, but they begged me to allow them to post this podcast. We had the conversation that if you begin posting silly content, then people may not take you seriously and likely won't follow you. This conversation proceeded the talk about one of the main ideas of Web 2.0 is to share content. I think you get my gist - that I tried to work with the students to get them to understand the whole concept of quality content. I previewed, and rejected, several drafts of the lyrics before we settled on this version.

But, then, I'm amused at the end of the day about silly content on places like YouTube. So my question here is, does content matter when students post original work to the Web? Am I the one being too serious here? I'd love your feedback.





No comments: