Friday, March 13, 2009

Can't Stop Twittering

When I first heard of Twitter I thought, like many sometimes do, 'Yep, it's just another thing to do.' Then I started to hear more and more about it, and I finally joined and starting building my network. It only took me a short while to build my network, and I'm completely addicted now. It's fast, you can leave the Tweetdeck open all day, and you get updates from your network. Since I joined, I have learned so much about so many ideas, simply based on the fact that I built my network around people who share similar professional interests as me. Having said that, this article came across Twitter this AM. It's about how this social networking tool is now being used by police to help keep the public informed. This article talks about how Twitter was used to cover a high profile murder case in Memphis.

I guess my point is this - Twitter and other social networking tools are more than just a toy, more than just a phase. They have become integrated into daily life as a viable means to stay informed. If you're not there... it's time to get on board.

No comments: